Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers

I have been blessed to have fathers in my life. My own father is a strong, reliable force, guiding me through good times and bad. I was so fortunate to have my Grandfathers alive, and with me well into my adult years. (I was 38 when I lost my last Grandparent.) These men taught me much about life, and living and being with family.

I married a patient, kind, and generous man and father to my daughter. He teaches me every day how to be a better parent.

I am honored to have had the opportunity to live and laugh and play with these men who have shaped who I am today, who have protected me and cared for me, who have taught me and guided me away from the pitfalls of life. Without the presence, strength and bond with these men, I would not be the woman I am today.

I am deeply grateful to all the men who do the hard work of earning the title "Father" every day.

Happy Father's Day, to my wonderful Dad, and to my sweet husband! Thank you both for being so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment