Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


Oh, the wonderful, wonderful gifts I received this Mother's Day. It was almost too much. There was the lovely decorated card, and then the gorgeous "All About Mom" book, with the elaborately decorated envelope. A sponge painted terracotta pot, with a packet of zinnia seeds and a hand made bouquet. The sheer joy and excitement Sophia had in giving me each and every "surprise" (all gifted by Saturday morning) was priceless. This felt like my first REAL Mother's Day, and it was very special. My precious girl!!


Art class flowers made of dough, and hand painted. Also see the geraniums that she planted in Daisy Scouts, in a chalk board pot that she wrote "I love you, Mom" on.




Swan Neck Gourd



I was luckier even still and Mr. O presented me with a gorgeous bouquet of roses, which are opening on the coffee table in the living room. I didn't take a photo, but they're really beautiful, and they brighten the whole room. I was also able to spend the day with my Mother, relaxing, and enjoying the sunshine and one of the few true spring days we've had this season. I couldn't have asked for a nicer day.


No comments:

Post a Comment