Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Technology - Less

Yesterday I was not able to get on my computer for the majority of the day because of technological difficulties. It's frustrating when the technology we have all come to rely on "breaks down". I'm caught somewhere in the middle of being an outright luddite, and being completely immersed in technology. I rely heavily on my computer, and I use my cell phone for calls and an occasional text. When it comes to this blog, I absolutely need my computer and an internet connection.

I've been busting my behind getting prepared to head up north to the cottage. My day is filled with laundry, baking, cooking, packing and generally getting the house as set as it can be for leaving Mr. O in charge.

While I work, I am eager to set off on my own and have a couple days all to myself. It's interesting because the reason I'm going up there alone is to get the bathroom painted. My "get away" is to go and work, but I'm looking forward to it with anticipation. I hope that the weather is pleasant and the drive speedy. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to crank the painting out in a day, and have the rest of the time to relax, do some writing and test drive my peddle boat.

I won't be able to post anything to the blog until next Monday, as I will be without internet access, and essentially unplugged from the technology. I anticipate some photos and posts from the great north woods next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment