Monday, April 25, 2011

The Chicken's Cooking

I'm roasting a whole chicken, and while I was dressing it, rubbing it with oil, salting it, seasoning it, stuffing it with vidalia onions, and slipping fresh rosemary under the skin, I remembered that I had completely dodged the blog. I hope to get one post of some sort in every day that I am not away on some other life adventure, for which I plan to let people know ahead of time, and after my return, will most certainly blog about it. At any rate, I totally wanted to blow it off. I'd rather just kick it with Mr. O, who surprised us by coming home early; but then I walked into the kitchen to check the bird. There he was.....the tortoise.


What you see in this glass is not an illusion.


He's coming to LIFE!! (Just like the tag said....watch it hatch)


Yes, this is the hatching of a real, live, Chinese made, Dollar Tree hatching tortoise!! I was WAY more excited to get it in the water than Sophia was, and the hatching part WAS the coolest.


And, 24 hours later, you have a really wrinkly tortoise, who, supposedly will continue to grow, and yeah, looking at this picture, I think he is.


Who? You lookin' at ME??

I'm thinking I'll always remember this as the reptilian Easter; a day filled with dinosaur and tortoise eggs. I don't think I'd find it nearly as strange if I were "mom" to a boy. Or, then again, maybe I would. 


So, while this post is better late than never, the timer is telling me to go turn my chicken, and put the stuffing on the fire. There's always more tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment