Thursday, April 21, 2011

Procrastination or Prioritizing?

I have 30 minutes to try and squeeze in the blog post for today, and in the mean time, I'm waiting for 19, white chicken eggs to come to a boil. I added a splash of vinegar and a healthy, three fingered pinch of salt, just to throw in all the "wives tales" (tips?) about boiling the perfect egg. Hopefully they don't come out with green yolks and they peel easily. Easter is just two days away now, and tomorrow's big activity will be decorating the Easter eggs. I've pushed Sophia off on this project for three days now, so, I figured it was time to at least have the eggs on hand and ready for dying.

Today was spent thinking about the blog and the larger post(s) I have in mind on composting, gardening (square foot gardening specifically), juicing, and running many errands FOR the garden. I went and got a second reed screen, and heavy duty fence stakes to create a more permanent screen separation between my patio and our neighbor's yard. I also purchased 3, 10 foot lengths of electrical conduit to replace what needed repair on my trellis's for the square foot garden, etc...There was a lot on the list. When I got back, I told myself that I should sit down and write today's post in the blog, but I decided that my time would be better served by cutting the conduit, and while I was at it, why not just finish the trellis's and install them, which lead to putting up the chicken wire, to fence out the rabbits....which, maybe, if I'm lucky, the fox has moved off of our property. Oh, the fox? I didn't mention that before. Yeah, we have a fox who's hunting in the neighborhood. He's lovely, but it is a bit unnerving to see fox tracks in the freshly planted garden, or the rabbit feet left behind after his meal.

Here he is:
Not the best photographs from inside my kitchen, through the window, after having RUN through the house to make sure he didn't run off without my sneaking in some photos.

So, today's post is not what I had intended, I am short on time. I think I made the right choice, to prioritize things that needed doing on a bright, sunny, warm spring day. Tomorrow, they say it's going to rain, and I have Sophia home with me all day, so, I would hope that I accomplished some things that will put me ahead of the game. (Or maybe I just pushed off the writing I have to do)

No comments:

Post a Comment