Saturday, April 9, 2011

Introductions, Opinions and Firsts

Every one is blogging, so, why do I feel slightly intimidated to start one of my own? What?, Who?, ME? Who do I think I am? What's interesting about me? Probably nothing, but I do find myself in the position of offering up my opinion quite a bit.

Today on Facebook I made mention that I was enjoying my morning smoothie (this morning's was banana/mango and quite delicious), and that it reminded me of Mexico. So, a friend made a comment that she should buy a juicer, to alleviate having to go to the store to buy her morning smoothie, and I told her all she needed to get was the Magic Bullet.

Now, have to say that I can't help but chuckle EVERYtime I look at the name "Magic Bullet" stamped on the side of the blender base because in some circles, the magic bullet is this:




When in fact it is actually this:


Now, I have to say that I would have never, ever in a million years purchased this item for myself, however, my Mother received a set as a gift and wasn't using it, so, I was the lucky, regifted recipient of the Magic Bullet. Coincidentally, I started mixing up smoothies for Mr. O and me a while back, using a standard blender. We have fruit smoothies just about every morning. I hesitantly tried out the Bullet the first morning and was distressed to find that the rubber gasket had come loose and twisted around the blades, causing the motor to smoke. I untangled it, and put in a replacement (supplied with the set) gasket and continued on the smoothie brigade. In moments I was able to have two individual smoothies, made and consumed directly in the cup that they were blended in. THAT is the selling point for me. I made a tomato sauce in it for a chicken parmesan thing as well, and that was done in 2 minutes flat.....just whiz it up and heat your sauce. So, in my opinion, it's a really neat gadget and quite handy. I'd recommend it, but be aware that the little tabs can break off, the gaskets can come loose, and probably other little, minor glitches, that if I were a bit more careful and a bit more attentive, could probably have been avoided. So, if you don't already have a blender, I'd check out the Bullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment