Thursday, April 28, 2011

Expect The Unexpected

I was prepared to write about how I was putting myself through some sort of initiation by yoga, because I stupidly purchased a "per calendar month" pass at the yoga studio, only I purchased it mid month, without REALLY looking at the calendar. It's a pretty big stretch to commit to 8 classes in 2 weeks time, with a 4 day trip out of town planned in there, and, as always, the unexpected. So, my punishment for lack of attention to detail is daily yoga until the end of the month.

This morning, Sophia was still sound asleep when I went into her room shortly before 7am. 7 is the scheduled wake up time to get her acclimated to being awake, dressed, settled, and by 7:30am, we're downstairs and on to eating breakfast. By 7:30am, it's my turn to get into the bathroom and get myself thrown together. Well, when I went in to wake her, she was groggy, and crabbed at me that I woke her. Usually my girl is up, cheerful, happy to greet the day, but not this morning. She laid in bed for a long time and then even said that her tummy felt upset and that she didn't want to go to school. She usually is excited and wants to get to school. As a matter of fact, yesterday she was singing "Today's a wonderful day. Everything is going right; today is a wonderful day!". When she told me she didn't feel so good and she wouldn't get out of bed to spend a little time with her papa, I knew she wasn't fibbing. I told her she could lay in bed until 7:15 and then she should try to get dressed, and come down for breakfast. She did, and then she had to go potty, and sure enough, she's got big diarreah. Boooo. So, while I'm getting dressed, and thinking that she's actually doing fine, and will be heading to school, she comes upstairs and gives me the news that she feels pretty yucky and had "big diarreah".

Guess who's not going to yoga? Yeah, that'd be me. I'm working on rolling with the punches, and accepting that life doesn't always follow my schedule. Time to slow it down to a crawl and take care of my girl and her tummy ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment